[Asterisk-Users] No incoming calls on skinny phone

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Sun Nov 21 09:34:30 MST 2004

Hi list!

My skinny phone can make outgoing calls but incoming calls just keep
ringing for the calling end but the phone that actually should ring
doesn't ring at all.

I guess I have something messed up with the dial command.

I have this in skinny.conf:
[z4040]
device=SEP000000000000 (actual number removed)
nat=0
callerid="z4040" <105>
callwaiting=0
mailbox=199
transfer=1
context=intern
line => 105

I have this in extensions.conf
exten => 105,1,Dial(Skinny/105 at z4040,30,tr)
exten => 105,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => 105,3,Hangup
exten => 105,102,Voicemail(199)
exten => 105,103,Hangup

The asterisk console displays this at startup:
     -- Setting mailbox '199' on z4040 at 105
     -- Allocating Skinny subchannel '0' on 105 at z4040
     -- Allocating Skinny subchannel '1' on 105 at z4040

When I dial the device this shows up on the console:
Found device: z4040
     -- skinny_call(Skinny/105 at z4040-2)

But the phone doesn't ring.

I don't understand a thing about the skinny protocol or the line stuff so
maybe it's something obvious that I missed.

Thanks!!!