[Asterisk-Users] Flashing Active ZAP Channels

Nick Cobley nick.cobley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 06:31:20 MST 2004

My problem is that I'm trying to do a flash on an active ZAP channel
to transfer a call, but every time the flash is performed the caller
that im trying to transfer gets disconnected. Here is a longer
explanation of whats going on.

I have a situation where I am linking asterisk upto a PABX via FXO
modules. Calls will come in via the traditional PABX and be transfered
to the asterisk system where a couple of VoIP phones are attached to
take the calls.

Now I need to set this up so that calls return to reception on the
pabx when they are not answered on Asterisk. The problem is we have to
do an announcement to the caller on Asterisk to say they are going to
be recorded. I wanted to have the announcement perfomed when the call
is answered by the destination extension, but I can only get it to
play the announcement to the destination extension not the caller.

So the problem is I have to answer the call when it first hits
Asterisk in order to play the announcement, so I cannot have the pabx
return the call after x amount of rings etc so the return will have to
happen on Asterisk.

I tried having the following in the dialplan for when the dial command
times out:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(${ALL})
exten => s,3,Flash
exten => s,4,SendDTMF(22)
exten => s,5,Flash   ---- tried leaving out this stage but makes no difference.
exten => s,6,Hangup

Problem is every time the flash is performed the original caller gets
disconnected, and an empty call gets transferred... then Hangup
terminates all the calls.

This is just one of many ways I have been trying to achieve my goal,
but every one has had some kind of block I could not get round!

Any help would be appreciated as I'm all out of ideas and have to get
this working in the next day or two :(

TIA!

Nick