[Asterisk-Users] Using CallingPres to set up CallerID blocking

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Sun Nov 21 02:10:10 MST 2004

On 12:08 AM 11/21/2004, Chris A. Icide wrote:

Okay, ignore the previous question, I figured it out.

for anyone else who may also not completely grasp the wiki explanation:

number is a octet, and the only bits you need worry about are bits 1,2,6 and 7

bits 1 and 2 define the screening indicator, and bits 6 and 7 define the
Presentation indicator.

The placement of the Bits and Meaning Header messed me up a little bit, as
did the '(octet 3a)' as I was wondering what importance the 3a had.

So some general settings:

Presentation Allowed, Network Provided: 3 (00000011)
Presentation Restricted, User-provided, verified, and passed: 33 (00100001)
Presentation Restricted, Network Provided: 35 (00100011)

-Chris