[Asterisk-Users] extensions.conf help needed

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Nov 20 20:02:09 MST 2004

1. I would like to setup my 4 extensions so that:

a. 601 rings first for 40 seconds
b. announcement that nobody picked up, and I will try another extension,
or caller may leave a message by pressing a key
c. 601, 602, 603 and 604 is ringing
d. after additional 40 seconds should come an announcement that nobody
picked up (hmm, what a surprise to tell them that), that the caller is
forwarded to the mailbox of 601
e. forward to mail box 601

alternate b and a swapped and say that the system trys now extension
601, but caller can leave a message (anytimem??? by pressing a key ??).

2. I have four DIDs from different countries and would re-write the
caller-ID so that I know from which line they are calling in.
E.g. if somebody calls from my Germany line, than I should see the phone
number 0049-{caller-id}, if somebody call me from UK, it should be
displayed as 0044-{caller-id}, if somebody call me from my toll free
number it should be displayed as 1-800-{caller-id}

Now it is even more tricky. Using ENUM it is possible, that somebody
call my 1-800 directly, and I would like to know that too. (It means if
I pay for the call or not)

The setup is now so, that if I dial 0044-xxxx it goes directly to the UK
phone line.

bye

Ronald