[Asterisk-Users] Multiple asterisk process

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Nov 19 23:18:28 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 01:02 -0500, Gregory Junker wrote:
> This was addressed in a different thread, as I recall, regarding
> "newbie" posters, and it was decided, as far as I could tell, that no
> benefit would be had of such a thing. The feeling was that newbies
> should benefit from veteran experience too.

Must have been covered in a thread I didn't see worthy of me looking
into. Probably had something in the subject line that was totally
unrelated to the subject discussed or was part of the whining annoyance
that was the top-posting thread that I ignored most of.

As many of us do actually skip a fair number of the messages that do
make it out, I guess it might have been decided by such a small
percentage of people as to be meaningless. Add to it that no one that
probably decided had any authority to enforce it on anyone.

Add to it, my message wasn't a flame but rather a terse comment. Your
complaint about me being terse has caused you to look like an ass. The
veterans of this group have put our effort into getting the questions
answered. They are in the archive. Most of the veterans are programmers,
and the lot of a programmer is to make a computer do the work instead of
a person. So when we say use google, we are routing the user to the
already in place answer repository.