[Asterisk-Users] PRI NI2 and callerID name

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Nov 19 18:52:55 MST 2004

Eric Hall wrote:

> I have a PRI and I'm trying to send Name + Number to Telco. The number
> is just fine but the name is not being passed.
> In my sip.conf file I have

What version of Asterisk are you running? You won't CNAM sent to the
telco unless you are running CVS HEAD, and even then sending it for NI-2
is commented out until it's been proven to work properly. You can look
in the libpri code for the sending of "facility IEs" to find the if
statement where NI-2 is excluded and give it a try, if your telco is
willing to let you experiment.