[Asterisk-Users] SIP Clients other than 200-299

Chris Sellers csellers at bestconveyors.com
Fri Nov 19 15:13:33 MST 2004

We have been running a test Astersik server for several months.  We have
been using an extension range of 200 - 299 for our SIP clients and 300 - 399
for our voice mail boxes.  Everything worked fine.  We recently changed the
SIP extension range from 200 - 299 to 600 - 699, we made the changes in our
SIP.CONF and EXTENSIONS.CONF files.  Now we can dial only certain numbers
successfully.  Our local phone number prefixes are 930, 931, 932, 933, 935,
and 972.  We can dial any of these numbers without a problem, we can also
dial long distance with no problem. Our internal Nortel phone system uses
extensions 100-199, we can dial these numbers with no problem.  When we
attempt to dial out to a local cell phone number (prefixes 761, 530, 219),
we get a message stating that the call cannot be completed as dialed.  When
we edit the SIP.CONF and EXTENSIONS.CONF back to using 200-299 for SIP
clients, everything works fine.

We attempted changing the SIP client range to 300-399, and some other
ranges, same results.

This problem occurs using Fedora Core 1, 2 and 3.  It occurs when using a
Wildcard X100P and an Digium TDM400P.

Chris J. Sellers, MCP
Systems Administrator
Best Diversified Products, Inc.

Please note that the contents of this e-mail and or any attachment(s) are
confidential and intended only for the addressee and no other party may use,
copy distribute or in any way rely upon such contents.  If this e-mail is
received other than by the addressee please notify the sender immediately,
delete the e-mail and do not disclose any of its contents to any other
party.