[Asterisk-Users] i swtiched to digest

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Nov 19 15:03:21 MST 2004

Chris TenHarmsel [epchris at gmail.com] wrote:
> I've ammased 12Mb of email in a week....this list does generate a LOT
> of traffic that it gets the point for me that it's really hard to wade
> through it all.

Just do what I do:

    1. Scan the subject list and delete anything that doesn't appear
       to be of interest.

    2. Delete any messages that have lazy, top-posted followups.
       A rule that marks articles that include "-----Original Message-----"
       in the text will find a whole load of these, and will make life
       a lot easier.  Others will be found and deleted as and when they
       are opened, assuming they passed rule #1, of course.

    3. Delete all HTML articles.  I don't have a rule for these at the
       moment, so I usually just delete them as and when I find them.

Following the above, you'll find that you're left with only 10% or so of
your original mailbox size.  This 10% usually results in the articles
that are worth reading.

Of course, everyone will have their own way of trimming public mail
lists to a manageable size.  This is mine.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz