[Asterisk-Users] SipTone II

Michael Swan swan at neon.com
Fri Nov 19 10:44:13 MST 2004

At 02:55 AM 11/19/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Anybody used the above phone with asterisk
>
>I have one working ok for calls, but having a problem with voice mail.
>
>Using either the 'Voice mail function key' or dialing 88 (for my system)
>just gets me to Call Terminated
>Asterisk CLI shows the error message 'unable to get User name'
>My Grandstream works ok, asking for User name, then Password
>Any ideas ?
>
>--
>Clive

Hi Clive,

I've been using a SipTone II for quite a while. Great phone but kind of
pricey.

I got the VM key working by configuring the Voicemail Server item
in the Phone Configuration web interface section as follows:
         sip:voicemailextension at asterisk.company.com
where voicemailextension is the extension number for accessing
voicemail in * and asterisk.company.com is the domain name or
IP address of your * machine.

I'm using Firmware version: SipTone 1.2.0 rc Z_8.

Hope this helps.

Michael Swan
Neon Software, Inc.