[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice update

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Nov 19 10:31:52 MST 2004

http://edvina.net/broadvoice/

We now have an update to the patch and new configuration instructions.
Apply the patch to a an unpatched copy of chan_sip.c, recompile and
reconfigure.

Note that if you followed the earlier instructions on adding a host
entry to /etc/hosts, you will have to remove that entry now.

And please, don't just repatch and restart. You *NEED* to read the
instructions and follow them in order to get a working configuration.

This patch and new configuration recommendation is supposed to

* Make less packets flow between Broadvoice and your server
* Make your Asterisk server not timing out in Broadvoice
   registration servers, so that you will get your incoming calls
* Remove the logging that we by mistake added in the previous
   patch

Sorry for sending this to the non-commercial list, but there has been
a lot of questions on the list and the patch is of general use, not
specific for this particular provider. It corrects a bug in Asterisk,
where we do not re-use the authentication credentials in the Asterisk
SIP UA registration process.

Regards
/Olle Johansson and Steven Sokol