[Asterisk-Users] iaxComm to iaxComm

Michael Van Donselaar michael-list at vandonselaar.org
Fri Nov 19 09:06:39 MST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:23:28 -0800, Adam Fineberg <fineberg at levanta.com> wrote:

>Having some trouble with segfaults and sound quality all of a sudden (since
>I recompiled from the latest source) when 2 iaxComm clients connect.  First
>off immediately after the server reports:
><>
><> -- Attempting native bridge of IAX2/4587 at 10.9.1.32:4569/1 and IAX2/4589/5
><>

The iaxclient library is in flux right now.  The echo cancellation code is
likely the cause, although I have heard of some problems resolved by disabling
speex.

I'm going to try to post new linux and windows binaries for iaxcomm this weekend
that disable echo cancellation, and prefer iLBC.

If you want to try it out, I've just posted a binary based upon 12NOV2004 CVS
modified as above.  It's not listed on the web page, here's a direct link (not
guaranteed past this Sunday):

http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/iaxcomm/iaxcomm-test.exe