[Asterisk-Users] Little off topic

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Fri Nov 19 08:56:41 MST 2004

Eric Hall wrote:

> Telco gives me a PRI It connects to my Asterisk via Wildcard T100P using
> a 2nd Wildcard T100P I would like to connect with a X-Cable my HylaFax
> server.
>  My question is will a Wildcard T100P work in a Hylafax server?

That depends on your definition of "work". If you mean will it cause the
machine to function properly, sure. If you mean will Hylafax be able to
use it to send and receive faxes without additional help, the answer is
no, as others have already told you.

Hylafax needs FAX modems to talk to. The T100P card (and all Digium
cards) does not have FAX modems on it. There is some work being done to
make Asterisk be able to emulate class 1 FAX modems for Hylafax to talk
to, in which case you'd be able to put Hylafax _and_ Asterisk on that
box and then send/receive FAXes over the T100P card. That is not
available today, though.

For Hylafax, if you want lots of channels and DID support, you will have
to use one of the supported T-1 FAX cards: Patton, Digi, Eicon, etc.
They are all very expensive, so be warned.