[Asterisk-Users] Little off topic

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Nov 19 07:20:45 MST 2004

Citat Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org>:

> Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> > You can't, the T100P is a unchannelized T1 card.
>
> This is 100% wrong.  The T100P supports Channelized Voice T-1 (aka CT1)
>
> If you want to use it with HylaFax you need either SpanDSP OR an analog
> port on Asterisk in addition to the T100P.

Might be that i'm wrong on the unchannelized bit, but i don't see, where the
analog port will help you ?

The guy wants to do Hylafax directly on a T100P w/o Asterisk or Asterisk as
middleware, which i don't see working. SpanDSP on the other side works well, but
that is basically a softmodem emulation, something Hylafax can't do.

I have not seen any applications for spandsp outside Asterisk, yet.

Slán Leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire
(contact info ==> http://www.marlow.dk)
--
linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
(ksh at cis.ufl.edu put this on Tshirts in '93)