[Asterisk-Users] "Best" line protocol for T1

Jon Bebeau jbebeau at 1nettw.net
Fri Nov 19 07:22:25 MST 2004

Hello all,

I'm provisioning a T1-PRI for a Digium T410P with my local TELCO.  The TELCO has asked me to pick a line protocol and has the option of several RBS protocols, like 5ESS (Lucent), IN2 and others.  The switch is a 5ESS, but the "normal" (according to the sales rep) protocol is IN2.  I see from the doc on zaptel, that many protocols are supported.  As I have a choice, is one of the PRI protocols "better" that an another?  I suspect that some protocols support features over another but can't find much on the specifics.  Recommendations and reasons please.

Jon