[Asterisk-Users] Need help selecting phones

Peter Awad pawad at synergenics.ca
Fri Nov 19 05:56:24 MST 2004

I'm new to the asterisk world and have been playing with an asterisk
server with 1 FXO card for a couple of weeks.

Now I'm looking to start adding IP Desk Phones but I'm unable to come to
a decision on what phones to use.

I like to look of the Polycoms, but because we are not a "phone company"
I can't see us getting reseller authorized for them.

Shoretel has some nice looking phones, but I don't want to be forced
into buys their PBXs as well.

I don't like to look of the grandstream budgetel stuff as it looks like
its name implies.

I would really like SIP, multi-line display, multiple extensions, and
handsfree.

Can someone recommend a line of phones that work well with * and are
distributed in Canada?

I'd prefer a distributor located in Canada but that is not a priority
over getting a good line of phones that I fell we can put side by side
any digital system and say we can do everything that phone can do.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Peter