[Asterisk-Users] compiling error

Wesley Jay Deypalan wjdeypalan at ictuscomm.net
Fri Nov 19 01:40:29 MST 2004

Hi,

I tried to compiled Asterisk on a Mandrake 9.2 and I encountered this error

command: make

after compiling for sometime then this error appeared

gcc -g  -o asterisk -Wl,-E  io.o sched.o logger.o frame.o loader.o
config.o channel.o translate.o file.o say.o pbx.o cli.o md5.o term.o
ulaw.o alaw.o callerid.o fskmodem.o image.o app.o cdr.o tdd.o acl.o rtp.o
manager.o asterisk.o ast_expr.o dsp.o chanvars.o indications.o
autoservice.o db.o privacy.o astmm.o enum.o srv.o dns.o aescrypt.o
aestab.o aeskey.o utils.o  editline/libedit.a db1-ast/libdb1.a
stdtime/libtime.a -ldl -lpthread -lncurses -lm -lresolv   -lssl
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [asterisk] Error 1

I'm not really knowledgeable in compiling. What does this mean? Did I
missed something?

TIA,
Wesley