[Asterisk-Users] Linking H323 with Asterisk

amna saleem sryope83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 23:27:45 MST 2004

Hi!

i have to make pabx to direct calls to h323 terminals. i have an h323
gateway available and wish to use asterisk as the gatekeeper for call
direction and queueing etc.I am a beginner at asterisk and to link
openh323 with asterisk for my project i  searched on net i found
different compilation instructions from different sources. having no
idea i followed two sources and issued commands as below

in the ~/pwlib dir i gave the following commands

./configure
make bothdepend
make bothnoshared

then the same in the ~/h323 dir

then bak in the ~/pwlib dir i issued the command
make clean opt

and then the same in ~/h323 dir

then in ~/asterisk/channels/h323 dir i issued the 'make' command. and
in the ~/astersik dir i issued 'make install' followed by 'make
samples'

can u plz guide me on the linking and compilation procedure of h323.
how will i know that h323 has been linked. will there appear an
h323.conf kinda file?If you don`t have much time with you can you plz
tell somebody else working with you to help me.
plz do reply