[Asterisk-Users] X-Lite and Voicemail

Joe Hetrick asterisk at bitjanitor.net
Thu Nov 18 21:37:08 MST 2004

I've been doing a little battle with asterisk voicemail and X-Lite
(under OSX).

I can leave voicemail without a problem, everything seems to run into
problems upon checking VM.

The log is pretty descriptive:

     -- Executing Ringing("SIP/xlite2-70d1", "") in new stack
     -- Executing Wait("SIP/xlite2-70d1", "2") in new stack
     -- Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/xlite2-70d1", "") in new stack
     -- Playing 'vm-login' (language 'en')
     -- Playing 'vm-password' (language 'en')
     -- Incorrect password '55555555555' for user '22222222222' (context
= <any>)
     -- Playing 'vm-incorrect-mailbox' (language 'en')

Now, in this case, I would have entered "2" (just once) when prompted
for the mailbox.  Again, I'd have entered the password (which in this
case is 5555).  As you can see, There are more than enough 2's and 5's,
which cause the user/pass check to fail for VM.

To verify that this was the issue, I let the user entry timeout, which
causes the extension's CID info (as entered in sip.conf) to be utilized
and set the password to be 55555555555, and I was in.

Pretty standard, simple extensions.conf, sip.conf, voicemail.conf
entries in the sample config files:

sip.conf
[xlite2]
type=friend
;regexten=5678               ; When they register, create extension 1234
username=xlite2
secret=password
mailbox=2 at softphone
; auth=md5
callerid="Joe Laptop" <2>
host=dynamic
;nat=yes                       ; X-Lite is behind a NAT router
;canreinvite=no                ; Typically set to NO if behind NAT
context=softphone              ; our extensions for softphones
disallow=all
;allow=gsm                     ; GSM consumes far less bandwidth than
ulaw
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

extensions.conf
# Voicemail Checking
exten => 50,1,Ringing
exten => 50,2,Wait,2
exten => 50,3,VoicemailMain
exten => 50,4,Hangup

voicemail.conf
2 => 5555,xlite2

I've just begun fiddling with asterisk, is there something I've
overlooked?

Thanks!

Joe

--