[Asterisk-Users] "Lobotomized" Sipura SPA-3000 configuration needed

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Thu Nov 18 18:50:16 MST 2004

I want even less than that

> All I want to do is have the SPA-3000 configured so that it offers up
> its FXO and FXS ports to Asterisk -- nothing more, I want Asterisk to be
> the brains.
>
> 1) The SPA should hand incoming calls on the FXO to Asterisk.

That's all I want. For an interim measure I would like to connect the
SPA3K to the "Extension" ports of a Lucent Partner phone system, and
have a few users be able to force call forwarding to select extensions
and take calls into the Lucent no matter where they are in the world
(VPN and XLite into Asterisk). The final implementation removes the
Lucent altogether and uses a T100P and Asterisk as the only PBX on the
premises, but first things first.

One problem is that the SPA3K only uses two-stage dialing on the FXO -->
VoIP2 path, which means any time someone calls the phone system and gets
forwarded to a select SPA3K extension, they hear a dial tone. As far as
I can tell, there is no way to disable that. You can have it execute a
particular dialplan in the SPA3K but the caller gets to hear the digits
as they are dialed into Asterisk.

Greg