[Asterisk-Users] Sparc hardware, Linux and X100P

Jeff Owen jeffpowen at comcast.net
Thu Nov 18 18:48:16 MST 2004

Chris,

A SPARC is nice with asterisk on it but it does have limitations.  I am
running a UE2 with dual proc and using Debian.  However, things like IAX2
don't seem to work, there is no music-on-hold (MOH), and the MeetMe
conference server doesn't seem to work either.  Those things seem to rely on
a USB Timer in with the zaptel or zapdummy drivers.  I have tried over and
over to get them to compile and with the other version, forgot the name,
that doesn't rely on the USB but I have been unsuccessful and have deemed
those features unnecessary at the moment.

Other than that Asterisk is appears to be very stable on Debian sparc(4m)
with dual procs, 1gb ram, and Sipura SPAs connected.

Jeff