[Asterisk-Users] TE410P - How many can I have?

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Thu Nov 18 18:47:17 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 17:38, Rob Emanuele wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> You should be able to use the 5 33Mhz slots easily.  I'm not sure if the 2
> 66Mhz slots will work.

TE410P, works in the PowerEdge 1650 which has 66 MHz only (depending on
the PCI riser, some of them have one 66 MHz and one 33 MHz).

> About PCI-X:
> http://www.pcisig.com/specifications/pcix_20/pci_x/
>
> It's a new PCI standard (currently only on Intel motherboards, AMD is very
> soon) that suports higher speeds.  The PCI-X slots are usable by current
> PCI cards.

All the 33 MHz are 5v, that would be a TE405P for those.

The 64-bit 66 MHz are 3.3v and were the ancistor of PCI-X (which is
either 100MHz or 133MHz at 3.3v) --> TE410P works without problems in
those.

Can't tell you how many cards the beast will handle, because i've never
had more than one installed pr. machine.

> > What is PCI-X?

PCI 3.3v at 100 MHz or 133 MHz, depending on the amount of cards and the
bus.

Slán leat,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire