[Asterisk-Users] Incorrect parsing of 'unavailable' caller-ID from Cisco gateway

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 12:56:11 MST 2004

Before I raise this as a bug, it appears that * incorrect sets and reads the
caller-id field from incoming sip packets when a Cisco gateway doesnt send
one.

For example, in this case the caller-id (PSTN) was unavailable, so the
resulting SIP packet was:

From: "anonymous" <sip:1.2.3.4>;tag=30A

Asterisk reads, and sets and passes this out as a caller-ID of '1234'

I would have thought Asterisk should have noticed that there wasnt a
username portion present, and defaulted to its standard 'unknown' setting
rather than trying to make something out of the hostname portion.

Any comments?

Linus