[Asterisk-Users] - Advice on NetFinity 5000 series

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Thu Nov 18 10:51:06 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 10/07/2004 03:02:41 PM:

> I have an opportunity to pick up a couple of NetFinity 5500's 4 way Xeon
> 550's w/ 2 gig RAM for very little $$$
>
> I have seen this:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-dev@lists.digium.com/msg00719.html
>
> In it, there is a passing remark to the Digium cards having problems
with
> NetFinity's. Can anyone here comment on whether this is still an issue
with
> * 1.0?
>
> It'd be a bummer if compatibility is a showstopper here 'cause these are
> sweet servers at a sweet price.

That was my message.

I have a lot of Netfinity servers.  The 3500's are old, they do not
support PCI 2.2, and I've had problems with more than just Digium cards
with those servers (including IBM ServeRAID adapters:  you could not
reboot them, you had to power cycle them).

I have both Netfinity 5500M20's (which you are describing) and 5600's that
I have used with Digium hardware successfully.

Tim Massey