[Asterisk-Users] configure channels

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Nov 18 09:06:09 MST 2004

> Anyone can help me to configure zapata.conf for a TDM04b  ?? I can
> place outgoing calls (with calls files) from Zap/1 but the problem is that
> from Zap/ 3 is not possible. Is there a place to add more information
> to configure channels ? Also, the channels configuration is static, I
> mean if I define a context for a channel in zapata.conf this will be
> used without the possibility to change when asterisk is running ?
>
> My [channels] section from zapata.conf is:
>
> [channels]
>
> context=default;
> switchtype=national;
> rxwink=300
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
>
> callwaiting=yes
> usecallingpres=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
>
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> immediate=no
>
> signalling=fxs_ks
> echotraining=400 ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call,
> number is in milliseconds
> callerid=asreceived
> channel=>3,1
>
> context=incoming_Zap2
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel=>2
>
> context=incoming_Zap4
> signalling=fxs_ks
> channel =>4
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated

-----------------------------

I'd suggest changing the above to something like the following as
it makes the use of contexts much clearer to the reader (and probably
yourself).

[channels]
 <list all the parameters here that will be inherited below>

context=default
 <list parameters that are specific to channel 1>
channel=>1

context=incoming_Zap2
 <list parameters that are specific to channel 2>
channel=>2

context=default
 <list parameters that are specific to channel 3>
channel=>3

context=incoming_Zap4
 <list parameters that are specific to channel 4
channel=>4

Also, in your original posting, I see things like
 context=default;
 switchtype=national;
with semicolons on the end. Is that what you really want? Bet not.

Since you didn't state what these four tdm04b fxo ports are attaching
to, I'll assume four central office based analog pstn lines. In that
is the correct guess, then
 switchtype=national;
 rxwink=300
are not needed as they don't pertain to the likely analog pstn lines.