[Asterisk-Users] Voice in Asterisk with BRI ISDN Any properworking configurations yet?

Christiaan Brink boeta at molo.co.za
Thu Nov 18 07:16:49 MST 2004

Hi Tim

I've tried hisax.  Got the driver going with * but the problem is that the
voice generated by Asterisk is barely audible by the public operator user.
Also, Hisax permits only the use of one card.

I then resorted to zaphfc.  I'm running the 2.6.5 kernel and with the help
of wiki, managed to install the all the necessary dependencies.  Also I
managed to load the zaphfc driver.  It seems to pick up the ISDN channels.
But I guess I'm struggling to interface with the operator.  Are you using
your boards with zaphfc? I'm trying to set the card up to interface with the
public operator (TE mode).  Our operator uses EuroISDN with alaw.  What does
yours use?  How does the configurations in your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf
look.  How do you load your drivers?

Getting zaphfc to work was a bit tricky and I think that somewhere I'm doing
something small wrong.

If you have any advice, it will be greately appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Christiaan Brink

  _____