[Asterisk-Users] Mini Call-ID Winpopup

Thomas Hutton pres at nicheware.com
Wed Nov 17 19:51:29 MST 2004

Hey, thanks to everybody who posted to my earlier thread.  Here's a
solution I came up with based on reading your scripts and advice.

It's really simple and stupid- but seems to work great.  Incoming calls
for any type of extension can be configured to make winpopups (or
linpopups : ) on any local network machine show Caller ID info.  You
need to write no scripts other than what's below.  I use a scratch file
but somebody smarter than me could probably even figure out a way to do
it without one.

Requirements- you need smbclient on your asterisk machine

Here's how to set up an entry in your extensions.conf

; Extension 200 Call ID Popup Example
exten => 200,1,NoOp(${CALLERID} ${DATETIME})
exten => 200,2,System(/bin/echo "'Incoming Call From:
${CALLERID}'">>/etc/asterisk/callidmsg)
exten => 200,3,System(/bin/echo 'Received:
${DATETIME}'>>/etc/asterisk/callidmsg)
exten => 200,4,System(/usr/bin/smbclient -M target_netbios_name <
/etc/asterisk/callidmsg)
exten => 200,5,System(rm -f /etc/asterisk/callidmsg)
exten => 200,6,Dial,sip/tom|30|t
exten => 200,7,Congestion

Note that I used both the " and the ' marks in one of the echo commands
as the NAME part of $CALLERID contains " (double quotation marks), and
messes up the echo.

You can set this up per extension, of course, naming the file
differently per extension to avoid any problems... also it might be
smart to use a different working directory.  Just don't name your
scratch file something really dumb like extensions.conf.

Thomas Hutton