[Asterisk-Users] Call ID Mini-Popup?

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:27:17 MST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:05:55 -0300, Thomas Hutton <pres at nicheware.com> wrote:
> Question: Does anyone know of a lightweight popup method to put an
> incoming call ID string on a client machine?  Something as simple as
> winpopup would work great- for example: I have a call coming in on Zap/4
> but the phone on Zap/4 doesn't have a call ID display.  Could I somehow
> configure Asterisk to call a script that uses a SMB winpopup (or other
> method) out to a specified computer sitting next to the phone?
>
> Thanks very much for any ideas, or knowledge of something already in
> existence.

I use a program called YAC.
http://sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/

The client basically sits on a listening socket. I run a little perl
AGI that streams the CID to the YAC client. I also have this running
on my Tivo so that I can get callerID on my TV. All of the vb source
is available. One thing I have been meaning to do is rewrite it to
accept a UDP broadcast on my whole subnet so that I don't have to
specify indidual IP addresses in my Perl AGI.

Hope this helps. If anyone tweeks it better, let me know. I just
haven't had time.

-Chuji