[Asterisk-Users] AstLinux 0.1.3 released

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Nov 17 13:51:26 MST 2004

Jim Dossey wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 13:18 -0600, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>	Since releasing my very beta, test version of AstLinux almost two weeks
>>ago, there have been over 300 downloads from all over the world, with
>>over 100 in the first 24 hours.  I was very surprised by the response,
>>and I have come up with a new version with many, many more features and
>>software.  I encourage everyone that downloaded the original to download
>>this new release, as it fixes many problems that some were experiencing.
>>
>>http://www.krisk.org/astlinux/
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
> Can you legally redistribute the Digium G.729 code?

	I have included the binary, it cannot be used until you license it with
a valid G.729 license code from digium.  Basically, I downloaded the
applicable G.729 Asterisk module and register program from their FTP
site.  I have seen other people put it up places, so I didn't see why I
could not.  (That doesn't make it right, of course).  I would love for
someone to tell me why I can't redistribute it, and why I should remove
it.  It would be just as easy to write a script to go and fetch them
both from ftp.digium.com...

--
Kristian Kielhofner