[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Solaris

Marty Lee marty at upstart-training.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 12:23:16 MST 2004

> Bob Knight wrote:
>

>> I am waiting for solaris 10 for x86.
>

> You can download 32 bit versions now.
> I just downloaded the sparc version.

Under Solaris Express, Solaris 10 is available now for
testing/evalutation (a public beta really) - and free.

It contains the 32 and 64 bit SPARC binaries, but only the
32 bit x86 code - as far as I know, the 64 bit x86 code is still
being put-back in to Sol10 (or was when I left Sun, about 2 months
ago).

>> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:53:31 -0900, Rich Allen <traf at mtaonline.net> wrote:
>>

>>>according to Sun, all Linux apps run under Solaris 10 ... would be
>>>interested in anyone who has actually done it
>

> You are going to have to wait for that.

Solaris 10 was announced this week, and is expected to ship early
Jan'05; the availaibility of Janus etc shouldn't matter a whole load
to people wanting to try Asterisk on Solaris - I've read that other
folks have compiled Asterisk for Solaris before, so waiting for Janus
(the linux compatibility environment) is rather pointless, given that
people would be better served by getting Asterisk to compile native
on Solaris in the first place.....

Marty Lee                         e: marty at upstart-training.co.uk