[Asterisk-Users] Possible to display which extensions are in use on the phone's display?

Peter Osborne pete at bookware3000.ca
Wed Nov 17 10:58:15 MST 2004

We had the same with our old phone system, I replaced it be adding a little
panel in our web based support system that shows extension status, call
duration, etc. I used an iframe that refreshes every 5 seconds, I wrote a
script in python that generates the data by watching the Asterisk Manager.
I'm also using the Simple Manager Proxy to proxy the manager connections.
This is only practical is your users all sit in front of PC's. If a web based
application won't work, you could probably write a simple app to run in the
systray of the various PC's that displays line/extension status.

Pete