[Asterisk-Users] Using a Aastra/Nortel 390 Phone with Asterisk

Rob Emanuele rje at shoreis.com
Tue Nov 16 17:14:31 MST 2004

Hi Kyle,

I came across one of your posts in the Asterisk users archive.  Forgive me
for intruding but I haven't seen you on the list recently but I was hoping
you had some insight into a problem I was having with an ADSI phone.

You had apparently gotten a US West phone (a Nortel 390) to work and I may
have that very same phone.  I managed to do a factory reset on it and
programmed it with the default asterisk script into slots 1 & 2.  The
programming looks correct,  Yet, I cannot get the phone to display an idle
banner eg. when the phone is on hook all I show on the display is the time
and date.

Any help you have would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob Emanuele