[Asterisk-Users] RJ11 and Digium TDM 400P

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 16 15:24:22 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 16:17 -0600, rsenykoff at harrislogic.com wrote:

> OK I'm new to this. Just got the developers kit in...
>
> Our phones at the office use RJ11. The TDM400P is RJ45. If I plug an
> RJ11 into the RJ45 will I hose the card? Actually, I already inserted
> one and notice that the two edge pins are pushed down... maybe a small
> tool could pull them back up. :(
>
> Anyone have a link to turning an RJ11 into RJ45 for this purpose?

Only the center 2 pins are important on that card. From what I
understand, it was cheaper to use the same back plates and RJ45 jacks as
the quad TE1 cards than it was to get new back plates and rj11 jacks. If
you want to make your own rj45 ends, just make sure you watch polarit
but just put the middle 2 cables in the middle 2 spots of the RJ45 and
crimp.