[Asterisk-Users] LookupCIDName - 1 vs ""

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Tue Nov 16 13:59:15 MST 2004

Hello,

I noticed that some calls here were not picking up Caller-ID name data from
our local database.

/blacklist/4149361212                             : Blocked Number
/cidname/4148441414                               : Ameritech Time

Turns out to be a simple case of our Sipura 3000 appending a "1" in front
of the area code, so the "LookupCIDName" call isn't matching it.

I was wondering what people think the best fix for this is, since that
would obviously affect the blacklist functionality as well.

Most likely I'll end up with a 1NXXXXXXXXX -> NXXXXXXXXX rule of some sort
in the Sipura's inbound context, but that seems kind of ugly.  Has anyone
devised a neater solution for this?

Regards,

... JG