[Asterisk-Users] Sending DTMF DID w/ Asterisk

Mark Farver mfarver at ticom.com
Tue Nov 16 11:11:08 MST 2004

I have a legacy PBX that is currently connected to an T1 carrying
incoming DID channels (DTMF, not PRI).  I'd like to install Asterisk
with two T1 cards in between the PBX and the telco, and use it to split
off a new block of DID numbers.  The remaining (old) DIDs would need to
be regenerated by Asterisk and sent on to the PBX.

Basically, I want to do what David Gomillion describes:
http://www.loligo.com/asterisk/misc/nortel-asterisk-0.2.pdf

but without PRI (the legacy PBX doesn't support PRI without $$).  Can
Asterisk originate DID signalling.  (Maybe it is as simple as dialing on
a outgoing DID line?)

Thanks
Mark Farver