[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking - timing - ztdummy??

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 16 08:06:08 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 15:45 +0100, Håkan Källberg wrote:
> Ohh, sorry, rtc ( real time clock ) I mean...

I don't think zaprtc is more accurate than ztdummy. Iirc it has to do
with the fact that ztdummy doesn't generate the exact same amount of
interrupts as the Digium cards do. The difference in interrupts
generated causes ztdummy (and prolly zaprtc) to be off by a small
margin.

> Do I need the X100P in both ends in the case of trunking? Only
> one side complains.

I didn't know for sure so asked on irc and the answer is yes you need a
timing source (X100P or ztdummy etc.) on both ends.

Regards,
Patrick