[Asterisk-Users] maximum retries error

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Tue Nov 16 05:14:21 MST 2004

Hi,

Please does anyone have any more ideas on the following: I' ve set
externip in sip.conf and that simply changes the max retries error
from the internal asterisk ip address to the external address. I
thought maybe the audio wasnt going through because the client that i
was trying to call is behind a nat router which I have no control
over but I have tried ringing a client that isnt behind nat and still
had no luck.

Just to reiterate the scenario. My asterisk server and one of clients
are on a private lan behind nat. I am ringing a client on another
network not behind nat. PLEASE PLEASE mail with any ideas. I have
tried the recommended fixes such as canreinvite=no and externip,
localnet and localmask. No joy with any of them.

Thanks,
Aisling.

;error on asterisk console{this is simply the internal asterisk
address when externip is not set]:

Nov 16 10:52:11 WARNING[16283]: chan_sip.c:665 retrans_pkt: Maximum
retries exceeded on call
1763412c4feb675f37c2eb586f50682a at 84.203.148.14 for seqno 102
(Non-critical Request)

;result of sip show peers

sip show peers
Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Mask Port
Status
2006/2006 157.190.70.231 D N 255.255.255.255 5060
Unmonitored
2001/2001 157.190.70.231 D N 255.255.255.255 5061
Unmonitored
2005/2005 (Unspecified) D N 255.255.255.255 0
Unmonitored
2004/2004 (Unspecified) D N 255.255.255.255 0
Unmonitored
2003/2003 (Unspecified) D N 255.255.255.255 0
Unmonitored
2000/2000 84.203.148.14 D N 255.255.255.255 5061
Unmonitored

;sip.conf

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all ; Allow all codecs
allow=gsm
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
externip=84.203.148.14
localnet=172.16.3.0/255.255.255.0
nat=yes
;notransfer=yes

;XLite client on my laptop

[2000]

type=friend ; This device takes and makes calls
username=2000 ; Username on device
secret=suzuki ; Password for device
host=dynamic ; This host is not on the same IP addr every time
mailbox=2000
;regexten=2000
nat=yes
;auth=md5
context=sip
callerid="Aisling"<2000>
;dmtfmode=rfc2833
;allowreinvite=no
canreinvite=no
;qualify=no
reinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;qualify=500
;externip=84.203.148.14
;localnet=172.16.3.0
;localmask=255.255.255.0

[2006]

type=friend ; This device takes and makes calls
username=2006 ; Username on device
secret=2006 ; Password for device
host=dynamic ; This host is not on the same IP addr every time
mailbox=2006
;regexten=2006
nat=yes
;auth=md5