[Asterisk-Users] Stanaphone and SIP with Digest authentication

Leon Oosterwijk leon at isdn.net
Mon Nov 15 21:40:33 MST 2004

All,

I had asterisk and stanaphone working together at some point but now it is
not working. When I do a 'sip debug' on the asterisk server it keeps
restransmitting the packet. When I do a network trace on the sip packets
from asterisk and compare them to the sip packets generated by the
stanaphone softphone the different appears to be the Authorization method:

Authorization: Digest
username="91448161xx",realm="sip.stanaphone.com",nonce="41998342aad36b53ec7d
e7c7396d1b43d1fxxxxx",uri="sip:sip.stanaphone.com",response="2244734588b117c
2099cff671ccxxxxx"

The asterisk just keeps restransmitting but never establishes a connection.

Here is my stanaphone config in my sip.conf:
register => 91448161xx:secret at stanaphone/3000

[stanaphone]
type = friend
username = 91448161xx
secret = secret
host = sip.stanaphone.com
context = voipphones
insecure = very
qualify = 1000
nat = yes
realm = sip.stanaphone.com
auth=digest

If anyone has an suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Leon Oosterwijk