[Asterisk-Users] Skype API release

Kannaiyan Natesan nkans at speak2world.com
Mon Nov 15 18:03:09 MST 2004

I'm not sure about multiple users on the same machine.
It is just to use like a COM Object.

1. Start Skype
2. Intiate the call (with signal conversion and with error codes), once
successful
3. Capture the sound from the audio hardware buffer.
4. Convert it to the any respective codec which I presume asterisk can do at
this moment.
5. End the conversation

Also since the API changes with Skype frequently it might need update on the
asterisk development side too.

I'm not sure whether it is worth to invest time on skype rather than finding
a comfortable way to tunnel the firewall.

Regards,
Kannaiyan