[Asterisk-Users] TMD400 FXO <-> Nokia 32 GSM (Hangup Problems)

Leandro Morgado leandro.morgado at bragaredes.homelinux.com
Mon Nov 15 16:29:55 MST 2004

Matt Riddell wrote:

> Leandro Morgado wrote:
> [EXTENSIVELY SNIPPED]
>
>> zaptel.conf:
>> ------------
>> loadzone=fr
>> defaultzone=fr
>> zapata.conf:
>> -----------
>> busydetect=yes
>> busycount=7
>
> [EXTENSIVELY SNIPPED]
>
> 1. Does the Nokia 32 GSM provide you with a hangup tone? (I.E. beep
> beep beep once it has hung up)

Yes it does. If I connect a regular phone to the Nokia, I hear a "beep
beep beep" after the caller on the cell phone has hungup. If I don't put
the phone back onhook  an "alarm" sound will ring, just like on a
regular land line, and the line will stay busy (this is exactly what
asterisk is not doing properly). Notice that the Nokia GSM Terminal
supports "Disconnect Supervision" by dropping the battery for X ms (X is
configurable and is currently at 500ms). The FXO module does correctly
identify this as indication that the call has hung up. I'm pretty sure
the FXO module is detecting hangups through battery drop and not by
listening for busy tones, but I could be wrong here.

> 2. You have specified France as the zone, are these the tones that the
> Nokia unit produces?

I can set up the Nokia to use a range of different European countries. I
have tried various combinations in country settings, both on the Nokia,
in zaptel.conf and when I do "insmod wcfxs opermode=XXX". These include
FCC, TBR21, FRANCE and PORTUGAL (where I am located). Although I tested
various country settings it didn't seem to make much different in the
voltage values spitted out in /var/log/messages.

I have not tested for different "busy" tones according to country
settings but I will do so at the next opportunity and tell you how it goes.

> If you have some audio files from voicemail of the busy signal, you
> can send them to me and I can create a custom indications.conf entry
> for you (assuming it is different from all other countries in
> indications.conf).

I'll get some recordings for you tomorrow when I'm at the office. I'm
located in Portugal but that should not have an influence in the way the
Nokia 32 works.

> Let me know.

Thanks for all your help!

Leandro