[Asterisk-Users] Measuring Bandwidth on T1 into *

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Nov 15 15:46:25 MST 2004

Here is our scenario:
  Company A is looking for a better VoIP/Internet solution. We approach and
say, "We will sell you 1 T1 for Voice only for XXX dollars per month."  They
agree. We install a router and the T1 at their location and plug the T1
directly into Asterisk. Lets say they've got a hot-shot-punk kid working
there and he hooks his laptop to the Ethernet port on the back of the
router. Will he be able to start downloading/uploading on that bandwidth
even though its hooked directly to the Asterisk server? If so, how can I
prevent the bandwidth usage but still allow VoIP calls?

 Switch it around..

  Company B is the same, however we will sell 1 T1 for voice AND data (at a
different price). How do I setup Asterisk to handle both?

Thanks,
Matthew