[Asterisk-Users] Standard messages instead of MOH during dial

Régis MARTIN tornad-asterisk at tornad.net
Mon Nov 15 15:35:59 MST 2004

Hi,

I know the question was already asked but I never found an answer to this
problem. So, I try again
 (things changes :-))

Is there a way to play a specific message or sound from the start during the
dial command.

I want to do exactly the same thing that the “m” option of Dial command but
with a music that start from the beginning for each new caller.

Caller 1 hears “hello, please hold we’re looking for your friend, lalalal
(music)”

Caller 2 (2 seconds after the first caller) hears “hello, please hold we’re
looking for your friend, lalalal (music)”

Caller 3 (1 seconds after the second caller) hears “hello, please hold we’re
looking for your friend, lalalal (music)”

Each time, the message starts from the beginning and was diffused during the
dial.

As what I read, Background could do the thing because Background must return
immediately. But, It’s not what happens.

My Background command stay at background priority and go to the next
priority (the dial) only when the sound is finish.

s,1,Background(sound)

s,2,Dial(channel)

If the sound takes 3 minutes, the dial start only after the 3 minutes. I
want to start the Dial immediately and stop background when caller answer.

Is there a way to do this ?

Does someone as ever modified to dial or background command to do this ?

Thanks in advance,

Régis