[Asterisk-Users] Problem with NAT on Asterisk 1.0.1

Vargas Octavio (ATI Chile) ovargas at atichile.com
Mon Nov 15 14:33:53 MST 2004

Hello:

We have a strange problem with Asterisk 1.0.1
We made a succesfully installation of Asterisk over RedHat. We have a FXO card installed and configured, and works great.
The Asterisk have a public IP address and the users are behind a firewall and use invalid IP addresses
 We made some test with X-lite, and a couple of IP-Phones (GoldenNet EMT-22 and ET-22). The X-lite users can made and receive calls between each others but IP-Phones didn´t receive calls, but can  made callings to xlite users or to the other IP-phone.

All the users are registered in Asterisk, and was configure as this extract of sip.conf:

[1234]
type=friend
context=local
username=1234
secret=1234
host=dynamic
qualify=1000
nat=yes
mailbox=1234

We installed Debian to probe another Linux distro, we use the same machine with the same hardware and configuration files, and the IP-phone can made and receive calls without problems. Even all the users can made callings using the FXO card (Zap channel).

Only for test purposes we installed the IP-phones on the external side (with valid IP's) and...... the IP-phones work great.

Did anybody have an idea about what is the problem with the configuration files in the asterisk?
We are clear about NAT is the origin of the problem, but we don´t know why worked with Debian and not with RedHat.

Any advice or suggestion will be very useful.

Cheers,

Octavio Vargas