[Asterisk-Users] Re: random echo on TA750

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Nov 15 14:16:37 MST 2004

> > all i have is random echo
> > I have already 4 TA750 with full FXO
> > echocancel=yes and echo training=800
> >
> > - what should i do?
> > - could it be solved with tweaking echo params on *?
> > - is there any additional devices that can be added between Channel
> > Bank and * to get rid off echo forever?
>

> >> if its the motherboard latency issue  then no external device will help
>
> so is there any way to prevent motherboard latency?

No, but some folks have found some relief by messing around with parameters
associated with the cards installed, etc. There are some postings in the
archive from several month ago, and again this past week.

> any tweaks? tunning tools?
> or is there any approved motherboard for running asterisk in a high
> load environment?

As I understand it from others (mostly from folks that mess with audio),
the pci bus implementation (eg, controller) on the motherboard is not
always very good and apparently relates to the actual chip set in use
on that motherboard. The audio folks tend to swap motherboards as
opposed to the small incremental improvements seen in adjusting
latency settings noted above.

I've not heard of an approved motherboard for *; sure wish such a list
existed (as do many others).