[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail shorter then (ex) 2sec - don't accept

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Mon Nov 15 13:08:05 MST 2004

> > You were looking in the right config file. The parameter is called
> > "maxmessage".
>
> I just checked and I think this is not the one.
> "maxmessage" is to limit the message to the amount of time you specify
> in seconds.
> What I was looking for was to discard all the messages that are 3sec. or
> shorter.

You are correct. I had it straight in my head but wrote the email wrong
:) The parameter I originally meant was "minmessage" which should set
the minimum length of the voicemail message in seconds. A quick source
code check confirms that any voicemail less than "minmessage" will get
deleted automatically.

Sorry about the confusion.

-Seth

--