[Asterisk-Users] Manager API Call Origination & Variables

Peter Osborne pete at bookware3000.ca
Mon Nov 15 12:19:17 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am using the Asterisk Manager API to originate calls and it is working well,
when a call is placed the local phone rings, once you pick it up you can here
the call ringing the other end. Now, I am using Polycom IP 300 and I have
them setup to auto-answer if I set the ALERT_INFO variable to "Ring Answer".
This works fine from my dial plan but I can't figure out how to set
ALERT_INFO from the Manager API. Basically I want calls that are originated
from the Manager API to automatically take place on the speaker phone.

I have tried

Action: SetVar
Channel: sip/pete_desk
Variable: ALERT_INFO
Value: Ring Answer

but it gives me about no such channel but this is the same channel I use to
place the call immediately after attempting to set the variable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Pete