[Asterisk-Users] MYSQL Dialplan Question

Shaun Tierney stierney at prairiestream.com
Mon Nov 15 09:04:43 MST 2004

I am new to Asterisk, and I am having trouble connecting to the MySQL
database located on the same machine as my Asterisk box.  When the dialplan
tried to connect to MySQL database, I get the following error message on the
Asterisk console.

Nov 15 09:29:41 WARNING[111139760]: pbx.c:1279 pbx_extension_helper: No
application 'MYSQL' for extension (default, s, 5)

Here is the corresponding line in my dialplan.

exten => s,5,MYSQL(Connect connid localhost admin abc123 asteriskdb)

I am able to connect to the database with the same username and password
using the MySQL console.  Am I missing something in my installation or
configuration that would cause this?

Thanks,

Shaun