[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 trunking - timing - ztdummy??

Håkan Källberg hk at simulina.se
Mon Nov 15 08:41:42 MST 2004

Hello!

Perhaps someone can spread i little bit light on this:

I want to trunk two Asterisk systems with each other. System A,
behind a NAT-Firewall and System B with a real IP address.

aix.conf on B:

[mytrunk]
host=dynamic
username=mytrunk
auth=md5
secret=yyy
trunk=yes

iax.conf on A:

register => mytrunk:yyy at B

When I make a "reload" an B I get the following:

Nov 15 16:32:32 WARNING[-1244329040]: chan_iax2.c:6427
build_peer: Unable to support trunking on peer 'mytrunk'
without zaptel timing

I have downloaded the zaptel package, compiled it ( including
ztdummy, which may be what I need ) and installed it. The kernel
modules load:

ztdummy                 3492  0
zaptel                228996  1 ztdummy
crc_ccitt               2176  1 zaptel

I don't know how to configure zaptel ( /etc/zaptel.conf )
to get this to work.  I have no hardware, I only want timing
for the IAX2 trunk ( and later on for Conference calls ). I
have also read about the rtc package but have not tried it.

I may have overseen very basic things... Please enlighten me!

Regards:		Håkan