[Asterisk-Users] PSTN -> Asterisk -> PSTN Call quality

Ben Merrills ben at griffin.com
Mon Nov 15 05:16:37 MST 2004

Hmm,

When we first got our TE410p (we have 2 at the minute) it was in a
normal IDE ATA100 box with a P4, and the static on the line was really,
REALLY bad. We don't have this issue now we use a Compaq with SCSI,
unless we reroute the call back onto PSTN. It doesn't always happen I
might add though! It seems to be some landlines that have more problems
than others. Mobiles tend to be fine. Is this a Digital -> Analogue
issue?

Strange that it should be fine the rest of the time :(

Yes, a hardware guide for Asterisk would be a god send! I'm getting two
new DELLs next week to play with (SCSI again). I'll let you know how
well they work with Asterisk!

Ben