[Asterisk-Users] ResponseTimeout problem

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 15 04:40:14 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 22:13 -0700, Joseph wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, I was looking at it already but it is available in ver. 1.0.0 and
> up; I'm on 0.9 on Gentoo.  Gentoo is kind of slow when it comes to
> Asterisk.  There is an unstable ver. 1.0.2 in unstable branch but it
> doesn't compile (there is an error when compiling).

FYI: the 1.0.2 version is actually stable and part of the stable branch
which can be downloaded with: cvs co -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk
The v1-0 tag will get you the latest stable release from cvs while it is
also possible to use v1-0-1 to get version 1.0.1, v1-0-2 for 1.0.2 etc.

> So I will have to learn how to upgrade using CVS or wait for Gentoo
> stable version.

Checkout the shell script that was posted to the mailing list last week.
It automates the upgrading & building process. You can find it here:
http://www.szmidt.org/asterisk/asterisk-update.sh

>   If I use CVS I'm not sure if startup scrip will be
> upgraded as well in /etc/init.d/

When I install my updated stable-cvs builds (which are rpms), it
upgrades/replaces the startup scripts. Not really an issue afaik.

Regards,
Patrick