[Asterisk-Users] Re: Top posting

Tracy R Reed treed at copilotconsulting.com
Sun Nov 14 20:22:38 MST 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 09:50:28AM -0700, Paul Fielding spake thusly:
> Whatever.  I find it frankly more annoying to have people bottom post.  I
> use Outlook Express for my mail (as do millions of others), and the way OE
> formats it's mail lends itself to top posting.    When you bottom post, I
> need to scroll way down the message to see your response, while when you

Unfortunately, MS has once again shot us all in the foot with their broken
standards. I do realize that MS is to blame for most of the top posting
that goes on because that is how they set up their email program. Also
note that because of prudent quote trimming you only had to look down
three lines from the top of the body of the email to see my comment so I
am sure that my message showed up in the first page and you did not have
to scroll at all.

> Professional?  That's a matter of opinion, I don't think it's any less
> professional to top post, it's purely a question of what's convenient for
> different readers.

If you are trying to sell me your product and you want to look good you
should bottom post and trim.

--
Tracy Reed    http://copilotcom.com
This message is cryptographically signed for your protection.